Matthew Tkachuk was talking about his Florida Panthers coming off a road trip and getting a win Thursday against the Red Wings.
”And now we’re going back out,” he said with a sigh.
Hey, at least this trip is not very far.
The Panthers, who thumped the Red Wings 5-1 on Thursday night, canceled Friday’s practice but will be making that short flight up the west coast of Florida as they play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday afternoon.
After playing the Bolts, Florida is home for the next three.
FLORIDA HOCKEY NOW
The Panthers had Sasha Barkov back in the lineup and that was a nice boost to a team that should have been tired.
Only it looked like the two nights on Fort Lauderdale Beach left the Wings with a case of the Elbo Room Flu.
— Although Barkov was back, the Panthers were without Anton Lundell and Spencer Knight as some sort of bug runs through the team.
— There is a lot of postgame video up on the FHN YouTube Channel from Thursday night including Barkov, Paul Maurice, Tkachuk and Chris Tierney.
As always, check out all of our FHN videos RIGHT HERE or just click on the videos below and enjoy them at your leisure.
NATIONAL HOCKEY NOW
We think the Detroit Red Wings learned a nice lesson Thursday night in Sunrise.
The Panthers are going to have to deal with this bunch for a while.
— Sidney Crosby for the Hart?
— Washington Capitals star T.J. Oshie remembers that wild Ottawa draft at the Westin in 2005.
— The Philadelphia Flyers made themselves some roster moves.
PANTHERS ON DECK
FLORIDA PANTHERS AT TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
- When: Saturday, 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Amalie Arena, Tampa
- TV/Streaming: Bally Sports Florida; ESPN+
- Radio: WPOW 96.5-FM 2; WBZT 1230-AM (Palm Beach); WCTH 100.3-FM (Florida Keys); SiriusXM
- Panthers Radio Streaming: SiriusXM 932
- Season Series (Tampa Bay leads 1-0): Lightning 3, Panthers 2 OT (Oct. 22)
- Last season: Split four regular season games; Tampa won second-round playoff series 4-0
- All-time regular season series: Florida leads 73-49-19, 10 ties
- Up Next for the Panthers: Sunday vs. Seattle Kraken, 6 p.m.